The Q–S222 Galvanic Skin Response (GSR) Sensor measures the psycho-galvanic reflex. This reflex generates a change in skin conductivity during periods of stress, excitement, or shock. The changes in skin conductance are measured by the Q-S222 GSR sensor in micro Siemens (µS). The sensor has 2 analog outputs, a high range (40 µS) and a low range (5 µS). The 5 µS output can be offset with a potentiometer to permit high sensitivity measurements over the entire range from 0 to 40 µS.
The Q-S222 GSR sensor monitors skin conductivity between two disposable tab electrodes attached to 2 fingers of one hand. While the subject is at rest, a steady background signal will be monitored by C901 LoggerPro software on the computer screen. The subject may then be stimulated in different ways and the degree of stimulation measured graphically.
The GSR sensor can be used in bio-feedback studies in which the subject learns to control their emotional state voluntarily by using relaxation techniques. This is often done with closed eyes. The voltage signal declines as skin conductivity decreases with relaxation. The sensor must be used with C610 LabQuest Mini data interface and C901 Logger Pro software. Other data acquisitions interface that takes 0-5V signals can also be used.
As well as relaxation studies, the S220 GSR sensor can also be used to determine the types of stimuli that excite various subjects. For example, the stimulatory or relaxing effect of different colors can be assessed, as well as the effects of various patterns and images.
- Simple and easy to use electrode based system for measurements of skin conductivity
- Calibrated output in software (in uS)
- Two sensitivity ranges available (5uS) and (40uS)
- Optional Data interface and software available
- Manual with suggested experiments included
Human electrophysiology research and teaching
- changes in skin conductivity during various physical stimuli
- changes in skin conductivity to mental stimuli (lie detector studies)
- Power Supply: 9V, 560mA
- Units: (uS) uSiemens
- Resolution: 40uS Range = 0.0097uS, 5uS Range = 0.0012uS
- Accuracy: 0.5% for Full Scale, or better
- Range: 40uS and 5uS
- Offset: 5uS Range can be offset from 0 to 40 uS
- Gain: System Gain is 1980 and 15840 for 40uS and 5uS
- Cut-off Frequency fc High= 7.2 Hz
- Patient Isolation: 1500Vrms
- Size (h/w/l) cm: 2.8/6.2/9.2
- Weight (g): 200
- Materials: plastic (black)
- Warranty: 1 year