The Z950 PRI-Pen is a hand-held, Li battery-powered PlantPen that measures leaf reflectance at 531 nm and 570 nm and calculates Photochemical Reflectance Index (PRI). PRI is sensitive to changes in carotenoid pigments and these are indicative of changes in photosynthetic light use efficiency and the rate of CO2 uptake. PRI is a reliable plant water-stress index.
The Z950 PRI-Pen is a rugged and compact device. It can be used in the field, in the laboratory, or the greenhouse. A handy leaf clip, simple two-button operation, and a bright LCD display make this PlantPen easy to use. PRI measurements are made noninvasively on intact plants (no leaf tearing or damage).
Z950 comes with both USB and Bluetooth data transfer options and FluorPen software for data transfer, export, and visualization in graphs and table formats. A built-in GPS allows accurate mapping of measurements in the field.
Rechargable Li ion battery provides 70 hours of operation. The memory of PRI-Pen has a capacity of 16 MB (up to 100,000 data points). Measured data are numbered and may be recalled in sequence for later transfer to a computer.
In addition to Z950 PRI-Pen we offer the Z951 NDVI-Pen, which measures the Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) and Z955 N-Pen which measures NDGI ratio and calculates total N content or Z970 PolyPen that measures leaf reflectance at multiple wavelengths and calculates multiple indices.
- Small hand-held instrument for leaf light reflectance measurements
- Calculates PRI ratio
- User friendly, two button operation
- Both Bluetooth and USB data transfer
- Comprehensive software package for data transfer, export and visualization
- Built in GPS
- Rechargable Li ion battery
- Photosynthesis research and education
- Plant stress screening
- Field and laboratory research
- Stress physiology
- Agronomy and forestry
- Measured Parameter: PRI (Photochemical Reflectance Index)
PRI = (R531 – R570) / (R531 + R570)
- Measuring Light: Internal dual wavelength light source R531 = 531 nm, R570 = 570 nm
- Detector Wavelength Range:PIN photodiode with 500 to 600 nm bandpass filters
- FluorPen Software: Windows 7 or higher
- Sample Holder: Mechanical leaf clip
- Bios: Upgradeable firmware
- Communication: Bluetooth and USB
- Memory Capacity: Up to 16Mb
- Internal Data Logging: Up to 100,000 data points
- Display: graphical display
- Keypad: Sealed, 2-key tactile response
- Keypad Escape Time: Turns off after 5 minutes of no use
- Power Save Mode: Autosleep
- Battery Capacity: 2000 mAh
- Max. Charging Current: 0.5 A
- Charging via USB port: PC, power bank, USB charger, etc.
- Battery Life: 70 hours typical with full operation
- Low Battery Detection: Low battery indication displayed
- Size: 135x 65 x 33 mm
- Weight: 188 g
- Operating Conditions: Temperature: 0 to +55ºC; 32 to +130ºF Relative humidity: 0 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Storage Conditions: Temperature: -10 to +60ºC; 14 to +140ºF Relative humidity: 0 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor