The Z951 NDVI-Pen is a hand-held battery-powered PlantPen that helps to characterize plants by means of reflectance. The Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI), an important indicator of chlorophyll content in plants, is calculated from measurements of reflected light at two distinct wavelengths, Red (660nm) and NIR (740 nm).
The Z951 NDVI-Pen is a rugged and compact device. It can be used in the field, in the laboratory, or in the greenhouse. A handy leaf clip, simple two-button operation, and a bright LCD display make this PlantPen easy to use. The built-in GPS module allows accurate mapping of the data in the field. NDVI measurements are made noninvasively on intact plants (no leaf tearing or damage).
Z951 NDVI Pen uses a rechargeable Li-ion battery and is supplied in a robust case. The memory of the Z951 NDVI-Pen has a capacity of 16 MB. Measured data are numbered and may be recalled on the LCD display in sequence. Data can be transferred to a PC via Bluetooth or a USB module. This PlantPen comes with software that allows data transfer as well as visualization of data and export into spreadsheet programs.
Qubit offers other Plant Pens such as Z950 PRI Pen, Z955 N Pen and Z970 PolyPen.
- Small hand-held instrument for leaf light reflectance measurements
- User friendly, two button operation
- Includes both Bluetooth and USB data transfer modules
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Build in GPS module
- Photosynthesis research and education
- Plant biology
- Plant screening & field studies
- Stress physiology
- Agronomy & forestry
- Measured Parameters: NDVI (Normalized Difference Vegetative Index) = (R740 – R660) / (R740 + R660)
- Measuring Light: Internal dual wavelength light source VIS = 635nm, NIR = 760nm
- Detector Wavelength Range: PIN photodiode with 630 to 800 nm bandpass filters
- FluorPen Software: Windows 2000, XP, or higher
- Sample Holder: Mechanical leaf clip
- Bios: Upgradeable firmware
- Communication: Bluetooth and USB
- Built in GPS module
- Memory Capacity: Up to 16Mb
- Display: 2 x 8 characters LC display
- Keypad: Sealed, 2-key tactile response
- Keypad Escape Time: Turns off after 5 minutes of no use
- Power Save Mode: Autosleep
- Power Supply: Li-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery Life: 100 hours typical with full operation
- Low Battery Detection: Low battery indication displayed
- Size: 57 x 30 x 120 mm
- Weight: 180 g
- Operating Conditions: Temperature: 0 to +55ºC; 32 to +130ºF Relative humidity: 0 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Storage Conditions: Temperature: -10 to +60ºC; 14 to +140ºF Relative humidity: 0 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- S. B. Phillips,* D. A. Keahey, J. G. Warren, and G. L. Mullins. NITROGEN MANAGEMENT Estimating Winter Wheat Tiller Density Using Spectral Reflectance Sensors for Early-Spring, Variable-Rate Nitrogen Applications. Agron. J. 96:591–600 (2004).
- Michele Meroni, Micol Rossini, Valentina Picchi, Cinzia Panigada, Sergio Cogliati, Cristina Nali and Roberto Colombo. Assessing Steady-state Fluorescence and PRI from Hyperspectral Proximal Sensing as Early Indicators of Plant Stress: The Case of Ozone Exposure
Sensors 2008, 8, 1740-1754