The Z955 N- Pen is a lightweight, battery-powered PlantPen that can be used for nondestructive in vivo measurements of N content in plants. The N-Pen measures the reflectance of light at 565 and 760 nm and calculates NDGI (normalized difference greenness index) from which total N content (%). It is rugged and compact and ideal for use in the field, in a plant biology lab, or in teaching plant biology.
Z955 N pen uses a rechargeable Li-ion battery and has a memory capacity of 16 MB. Measured data are numbered and may be recalled on the LCD display in sequence after completion of the experiment. Transfer of data to a PC is possible with Bluetooth and USB module. The PlantPen is supplied with software that allows data transfer, visualization, and export into spreadsheet programs. With the built-in GPS module, it is an ideal instrument for field measurements.
- Easy, nondestructive measurements of NDGI from light reflectance
- Calculations of % N content in leaves according to available calibrations (corn, wheat, barley, temperate turf grasses)
- Transfer of NDGI and %N data via USB or BT to PC computer
- Built in GPS module
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Monitoring relative N-content of crops.
- Better nitrogen management in crops and consequent yield enhancement.
- monitoring of nitrogen use efficiency.
- management of fertilizer applications
- Agronomy research.
- golf course management
- Measured Parameters:
NDGI and calculations of % Nitrogen content as per calibration for particular plant species
- Measuring Light:
Dual wavelength light source – 565 nm, 760 nm
- Detector Wavelength Range:
500 to 800 nm bandpass filters
- Memory Capacity:
Up to 16 Mb
2 x 8 characters LC display
Sealed, 2-key tactile response
- Keypad Escape Time:
Turns off after 3 minutes of no use
- Power Supply:
rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Battery Life:
100 hours typical with full operation
- Low Battery Detection:
Low battery indication displayed
- Both USB and BT data transfer modules included
- Built in GPS module
170 x 57 x 30 mm; 6.7″ x 2.2″ x 1.2″
180 g, 6.5 oz
- Operating Conditions:
Temperature: 0 to 55 ºC; 32 to 130 ºF. Relative humidity: 0 to 95 % (non-condensing)
- Storage Conditions:
Temperature: -10 to +60 ºC; 14 to +140 ºF. Relative humidity: 0 to 95 % (non-condensing)
1 year parts and labor