The Z955 N- Pen is a light-weight, battery-powered PlantPen that can be used for nondestructive in vivo measurements of N content in plants. The N-Pen measures reflectance of light at 565 and 760 nm and calculates NDGI (normalized difference greeness index) from which total N content (%). It is rugged and compact and ideal for use in the field, plant biology lab or in teaching plant biology.
Z955 N pen uses rechargeable Li-ion batttery and has a memory capacity of 16 MB. Measured data are numbered and may be recalled on the LCD display in sequence after completion of the experiment. Transfer of data to a PC is possible with Bluetooth and USB module. The PlantPen is supplied with software that allows data transfer, vusalization and export into spreadsheet programs. With the built in GPS module it is an ideal instrument for field measurements.
- Easy, nondestructive measurements of NDGI from light reflectance
- Calculations of % N content in leaves according to available calibrations (corn, wheat, barley, temperate turf grasses)
- Transfer of NDGI and %N data via USB or BT to PC computer
- Built in GPS module
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Monitoring relative N-content of crops.
- Better nitrogen management in crops and consequent yield enhancement.
- monitoring of nitrogen use efficiency.
- management of fertilizer applications
- Agronomy research.
- golf course management
- Measured Parameters:
NDGI and calculations of % Nitrogen content as per calibration for particular plant species
- Measuring Light:
Dual wavelength light source – 565 nm, 760 nm
- Detector Wavelength Range:
500 to 800 nm bandpass filters
- Memory Capacity:
Up to 16 Mb
2 x 8 characters LC display
Sealed, 2-key tactile response
- Keypad Escape Time:
Turns off after 3 minutes of no use
- Power Supply:
rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Battery Life:
100 hours typical with full operation
- Low Battery Detection:
Low battery indication displayed
- Both USB and BT data transfer modules included
- Built in GPS module
170 x 57 x 30 mm; 6.7″ x 2.2″ x 1.2″
180 g, 6.5 oz
- Operating Conditions:
Temperature: 0 to 55 ºC; 32 to 130 ºF. Relative humidity: 0 to 95 % (non-condensing)
- Storage Conditions:
Temperature: -10 to +60 ºC; 14 to +140 ºF. Relative humidity: 0 to 95 % (non-condensing)
1 year parts and labor
KLEM K. (2008): Prediction of spring barley nutrition state and grain quality using spectral reflectance and chlorophyll fluorescence. Precision Agriculture – ICPA 2008
Z955-Turf N pen adapted for measurements of NDGI and % N content in turf grasess.