The Z150 Photobioreactor is used for precise phototrophic cultivation of algae and cyanobacteria. It features a unique combination of the cultivator and monitoring device. Light intensity and timing, spectral composition, temperature can be set with high accuracy.
Cultivation conditions of a photobioreactor can be varied according to user- defined protocol. The growth of the algal culture is monitored by the integrated densitometer (OD720, OD680). Chlorophyll content of the culture can also be monitored continuously by the difference of optical densities at 680 and 720 nm. The instantaneous physiological state of the culture is measured by the Photosystem II quantum yield Fv/Fm (QY).
For cultivation of up to 8 different algal cultures please see the Z160 Multicultivator
- Cultivation vessel capacity: 400ml Standard, 1000ml (Z150-1L), 3000ml (Z150-3L), 25L (Z150-25L), 100L (Z150-100L)
- LED light illumination with full control of intensity (up to 1500uE standard or 3000uE enhanced), quality, duration, mode
- Temperature control 15-55C (standard) or 0-70C (enhanced)
- Continuous culture options (chemostat, turbidostat modules)
- Integrated Double-Modulation Fluorometer with online measurement of chlorophyll fluorescence parameters, such as Ft, QY (Fv/Fm) (standard)
- Integrated online optical density (720, 680nm) measurement (standard)
- Dissolve O2 and CO2 measurements (optional)
- pH measurements (standard) and control (optional)
- Control software with protocols and data collection.
- Remote online access to data and control
Different sizes of vessels 3L, 1L, 400ml
Different versions of Z150, 1L, 400ml, 3L
Basic Version of the Software:
Online software upgrades, Calibrations of accessories, make changes to protocol duringexperiments, restore running experiments after laptop reboot, raw sensor data recording, logging of custom/system experiment events, export of data to MS Excel/LibreOffice, filtering of recorded experiments, management of users, support of Turbidostat and Chemostatprotocols, support of external lights protocol PWM pump or Stirrer protocol, measurements of individual Ft/QY parameters
Advanced Version of the Software:
All features of the BASIC edition are included plus Email notifications from the software (low level device commands), Scripting support in protocol (customization of protocols), customization of measuring periods in protocol, export and import of protocol cycles through clipboard, import of experiments in previous software version, scheduling of experiments, advanced regressions in experiment graph, support of additional peristaltic pumps