The Z200 Open- FluorCam System is a highly modular instrument for chlorophyll fluorescence imaging of plants, plant tissues and algae. The system is composed of 4 LED light panels, CCD camera and controller, adjustable frame and software with a PC computer. This system is available in standard 10×10 and 20×20 imaging areas.
The LED panels and the light source generating saturating flashes can be arranged at various angles and distances from the sample. The position of the camera may also be adjusted for added precision. The maximum area for imaging with standard hardware is 10 x 10 cm, or 20 x 20 cm, depending on the size of selected light sources. Much larger areas, up to 200 x 100 cm, can be imaged by the addition of LED panels and/or by mounting the whole system on a movable frame. Please Contact Qubit for further details.
- High resolution CCD camera based imaging system
- 4 LED panels for standard excitation
- Optional additional LED panel available around the CCD camera
- User friendly software with protocols for Fv/Fm, Kautsky induction, Quenching analysis, Light Curve, steady state fluorescence (standard)
- Optional protocols for QA re-oxidation, Fast fluorescence induction (OJIP) with 1µs resolution, PAR absorptivity and NDVI reflectance index
- Measurements of up to 50 different chlorophyll fluorescence paramters
- Imaging of other fluorescent proteins (GFP, YFP etc) with optional filter wheel, filters, and LED panels
- Flexible construction allows for imaging of different size plants
- Automated experimental protocols via a Windows Wizard.
- Multiple (automatically repeated) experiments.
- Automated labeling of individual plants, or samples, within the field of view.
- Kinetic analysis of data from all samples within the field of view.
- Numerous image manipulation tools.
- Barcode reader support (Optional).
- Export to text files, avi, bmp or raw data formats.
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, W7 compatible
- Kautsky induction
- Quenching analysis
- steady state fluorescence eg. ChlF, GFP and other FPs (filter wheel required)
- QA re-oxidation (needs optional electronic module)
- Fast fluorescence induction (OJIP) with 1µs resolution (needs optional electronic module)
- PAR absorptivity (needs optional accessories: filter wheel and additional IR LED panel)
- Measured parameters: FO, FM, FV, FO’, FM’, FV’, FT
- More than 50 calculated parameters: FV/FM, FV’/FM’, PhiPSII , NPQ, qN, qP, Rfd, PAR-absorptivity coefficient, electron transport rate (ETR), and many others
LED panels available and used for excitation of most common fluorochromes
List of most common fluorochromes and types of suitable excitation LED panels
- Standard version of the FluorCam system includes four super bright LED panels – size 13 x 13 cm or 20 x 20 cm. One pair of LED panels provides Measuring Light and Actinic Light 1 (red-orange 617 nm – in standard version). Other two panels provide Actinic Light 2 and Saturating Pulse (cool white 6500 K – in standard version).
- Other available wavelengths for light sources are: royal-blue (447 nm), blue (470 nm), green (530 nm), cyan (505 nm), red (627 nm), deep-red (655 nm), amber (590 nm) – these lights sources are mounted only in customized FluorCam versions.
- Additional LED panel may be added to increase the colour spectrum of the light sources for multi-colour fluorescence measurements. Additional panel is mounted around the camera. Available colours are: far-red (740 nm), deep-red (660 nm), ultra-violet (365 or 385 nm), green (523 nm), amber (590 nm). Other options available upon request.
- Actinic light intensity:
– 300-2,000 µmol(photons)/m²s in the standard version depending on light wavelength,
– up to 3,000 µmol(photons)/m²s in the light-upgraded version (optional)
- Super pulse intensity:
– up to 4,000 µmol(photons)/m²s (in the standard version),
– up to 6,000 µmol(photons)/m²s (in the light-upgraded version (optional)
- Single Turnover Flash (STF): 120,000 µmol(photons)/m²s in 100µs pulse (in the QA re-oxidation version)
- Comparison of light intensities reachable by the standard and light upgraded (QA) panels:
Standard FluorCam LED panels
Upgraded LED panels in FluorCam